Southern California Fairgrounds
18700 Lake Perris Dr.
Perris CA 923571
July 31 - Aug 1, 2021
Updated race information!
Welcome to The Dirt at Perris Grand Opening Race! We are excited to be adding a new off road 1/8th -1/10th scale track to the Southern California racing scene!! As many of you know, The Dirt started as a race track in Hemet Ca in 1999. We had a great group of racers and we raced on a weekly basis and built great friendships and great memories over the years there. We created the DNC there, hosted the ROAR nationals, the NORCA nationals, the Southern California Saturday Series along with many other races. I made the move from owning my own track to building tracks for others and holding my own events in other places. The last time I held a race at my OWN track, The Dirt in Hemet was in 2007 I think! So, flash forward to now…here we are again getting ready to start a new era of The Dirt R/C track… The Dirt at Perris! We hope to bring together great track design, Great racing atmosphere along with a great outdoor venue at the Southern California Fairgrounds. There is still lots of work to do around the track grounds as the fair has the carnival rides and carnival stuff stored all around our track area. Covid has made it difficult for the carnival group to move out of there and get back to putting on carnival events. I think they will be moving out soon but for now I have to work around the carnival stuff, not a big deal to me. We will be using the entry money from the Grand Opening race to help make our new timing tower that will be elevated to the drivers stand height and be comfortable for Jimmy Babcock, Kenny Brosh, Scotty Ernst, Tyler Hooks, Sean Miller and myself of course. I will be back to running my own races again 🙂 The goal is to have the new track facility improving steadily as we lead up to the 23rd annual DNC!! We are anticipating a big international group this year and we want to be ready to showcase the new track and facility.
Thank you to all of the racers who have supported The Dirt over the years, we can’t do it without you and appreciate your support. Please let us know what we can do to make this a great place for all of us to race for years to come.
Sign ups are now open for the Grand Opening race, click link below to get signed up. Sign ups will also be available on race day at the track!
I will be updating new race info here every few days so keep checking back. If you have any questions please e-mail to email@example.com.
Cheers everyone and I hope to see you at The Dirt at Perris Grand Opening Race!!!!!!
1. Camping There will be camping at the track for Friday and Sat night. It is 20.00 to dry camp. there are no hookups at this time. You will need your own power. You can pay The Dirt crew when you arrive.
2. Practice. We will be working to get the track built this next week starting on the 19th. If we get everything ready we will be opening for our first practice days asap. 20.00 to practice. I will post on here and on FB (The Dirt at Perris) with the times and days. We will be open for sure for practice on the Friday before the race (30th) from noon until 8pm $20. Race event practice will start Saturday morning from 8am til noon.
3. Pitting. You will need to bring tables and chairs, ez ups and power cords. We will have power available!
4. New info coming soon.
- 1:8 Nitro Buggy
- 1:8 Electric Buggy
- 1:8 Nitro Truck
- 1:8 Electric Truck
- Saturday July 31 – gates open at 7am Practice 8am-noon. Qualifying starts at 1pm
- Sunday Aug 1 – Mains-8am-finish
Southern California Fairgrounds
Info coming soon